Friday, September 28, 2012

altered my new vintage find



I've had so much luck with thrifting vintage dresses lately, that
I almost feel guilty. This one was $7 at Vinnies. At first it reminded
me of a velour dressing gown my mum wore through the 1980s,
but I tried it on and the colour and neckline do me many favours. 
I did alter the hemline from a maxi *winces* (sorry Vix) to hit
just under my knee. I will wear her next week to show her off,  
and I'll be belting her her like a good hourglass lady always does. 

4 comments:

  1. I'll forgive you because I know how you rock midi length and that your collection of tights and shoes are breathtakingly fabulous!
    Gorgeous frock and brilliant detailing. Let's see you in it! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great that your altered the hemline it's going to look amazing on you once you belt it (; Can't wait to see pictures!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. despite the velour that that drss is a great shape - bargain! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great - love a bit of velour ;)

    ReplyDelete