Wednesday, May 4, 2011

family portrait, 1954


My grandfather, Keith. My aunty, Carol. My mum, Pam and my nanna, Daphne.
Look at the fashion! I'm currently OBSESSED with old photos.
Nothing better than checking out vintage fashion worn as they did back then.
Everyone was so much more elegant back then, don't you think?
My mother-in-law gives me fashion tips, here are a couple she gave me the other day:
"Back in the day (1950s) we would NEVER wear long pants with heels, strictly flats.
With our skirts, we NEVER wore socks, we were obsessed with nylons."
She said "nylons" - cute.

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute!! What an awesome thing to have!! I am so happy that I just stumbled on your blog. It's fantastic and really original! I love everything that you cover.


    We are definitely following you now! Hope you'll visit us sometime! ;)

    I Live For It

    Xx. Jewls and Liza

    ReplyDelete