I like to be as environmentally friendly as possible, hence I'm
always trying to repurpose stuff. I have a cupboard in my laundry,
full of old cotton knickers I can use to polish stuff, old towels for
drying the pugs after baths, and I have a huge tangled ball of tights
that have been breeding over the years and I have not used a
single pair... until now. Thanks to an article by Jo Walker in this
months Frankie mag for the following, fantastic tips.
* Cut off a leg and use as a bag to wash your lingerie in.
* Cut widthways like calamari and use as hair ties.
* Fill one foot with oats, lavender, chamomile, herbs or rose
petals, tie off and toss in your bath for a delicious soak.
* Chop down into socks.
* Stuff a leg with potpurri, tie off with ribbon and pop
in your drawer to keep your clothes smelling sweet.
Lavender, mint or cedar chips will keep the moths away.
* As a lens filter onyour camera for a dreamy look.
* Make toys or pillows and fill with old tights.
* Stuff in the toes of shoes, so they keep their shape.
* As an onion keeper: pop in an onion, tie off, another onion,
tie off; keep in a dark place; cut onions off and use as needed.